Since 2003, Counterpart (formerly BreaCan) has supported Victorian women affected by breast or a gynaecological cancer over 30,000 times.
These are challenging times for health professionals and their patients. Women affected by cancer may find additional support helpful at this time, which is why Counterpart is continuing to offer peer support over the phone, as well as webinars and online information.
- All our services are free and confidential.
- Our model is valued and trusted by the health professionals with which we work.
- We do not provide medical, legal or financial advice or counselling.
- Women seek support at different times from diagnosis, during or after treatment; you can refer women to us at any time.
- All Counterpart services are supported by dedicated and professional staff.
We are always interested in finding new ways we can work with others to support women with breast or a gynaecological cancer to live well. If you would like a Counterpart staff member or Peer Support Volunteer to speak at professional development sessions, forums or end-of-treatment groups, or you have a supportive care project idea, please get in touch.
Download our health professionals brochure
Connect your patient to community-based support
We have found it is often easier for a woman if we call her first, once she has given her consent.
If you have any questions about your referral, please call on 1300 781 500 or email email@example.com
Refer a Patient
View our privacy and information policy.